Rapidly deploy and dynamically manage networks at geographically distributed locations with NetCloud Manager, the network management component within the Cradlepoint NetCloud Service. Improving productivity, reducing costs, and enhancing the intelligence of your network and business operations is simplified with an ongoing subscription to the NetCloud Service, which continues to deliver benefits and features for your ever-changing network.
– Zero-Touch Deployment: Remotely deploy & manage all the devices on your network with no user intervention
– Simplified Management & Orchestration: Monitor device status in real time, set proactive alerts for optimized 3G/4G/LTE data usage & network uptime
– Instant Insights: Always connected, WAN/LAN analytics & visibility to manage data usage, performance & costs
– Transparent Subscription Management: Streamline planning & use the cloud to ensure modems & endpoints stay updated to the latest software versions for secure & efficient operations
|Basic cloud management features||✓Essentials||✓Essentials||✓Essentials|
|Enhanced visibility, remote management, mapping/fencing & more||✓Advanced Upgrade||✓Essentials||✓Essentials|
|Integrated content filtering, traffic analytics |
& CP Secure Threat Management
|✓Advanced Upgrade||✓Advanced Upgrade|
|Full Solution Details||IoT Brochure||Mobile Brochure||Branch Brochure|
|Features Matrices||IoT Features||Mobile Features||Branch Features|
Enterprises use NetCloud Perimeter, a service that leverages Software-Defined Perimeter technology, to spin up virtual networks in the cloud that protect IoT devices.
These invitation-only overlay networks utilize a private address space, eliminating the need for routable IPs on the Internet and obscuring them from the reach of potential hackers. They also isolate IoT traffic from different devices and from trusted networks (example: keeping IoT devices off the corporate WAN). The “cloud” is how Cradlepoint orchestrates, deploys, and manages its perimeter-secured overlays, which can reach anywhere across the Internet.
In IoT use cases—especially utilizing sensors—data must be securely and directly connected to the cloud so it can be leveraged to inform business decisions and boost efficiencies. Device-to-cloud overlay networks are what communicate the connection between IoT devices and the cloud. This is the “why” behind perimeter-secured overlay networks.
NetCloud Perimeter is deployed directly on IoT devices, laptops, tablets, and smartphones that run Linux, OS-X, Windows, Android, or iOS with the NetCloud Client. A NetCloud Gateway is deployed into a NetCloud Perimeter when a Cradlepoint router (or other physical or virtual Linux server) runs the NetCloud Client in gateway mode. With a NetCloud Gateway, any IP-based device (e.g. printers, NAS, cameras, sensors, etc.) can be connected to the overlay network without the NetCloud Client installed.
Virtual APN: Works with or without a private APN.
Private IP Addressing: Devices cannot be reached from the Internet.
Block Inbound Traffic: Fully routable without a public/static IP or open inbound ports.
Micro-segmention: isolate devices from other devices and networks.
Access control: Invite-only authentication and admin-controlled access.
NETCLOUD PERIMETER SERVICES
Define and enforce network-wide firewall and access controls and restrict user access-from anywhere-by apps, devices and more
Connect one or more Active Directory servers to your cloud network and extend domain services to remote users and devices, anywhere
Provide customized fully qualified domain names (FQDNs) and alternative names for all devices
Get near-real-time visibility into cloud network utilization and see top talkers by user or device
Get an accurate street-level view of all connected users and devices on your cloud network
Digital transformation demands a Network Edge that is always available, flexible, and agile. Cradlepoint’s NetCloud OS (NCOS) is available through the NetCloud platform, and it offers advanced routing and security features for branch, mobile, and M2M/IoT—and seamlessly connects to NetCloud Manager for zero-touch and Day-1 deployments.
NCOS’s advanced VPN and encryption provides better security for local and remote connections from IKEv2 with mobile to Suite B Compliance, NCOS has the features to keep the network secure. NCOS also supports optional services such as IDS/IPS and content filtering that deliver basic Unified Threat Management (UTM) for today’s business-critical networks.
Connection Manager, Smart WAN Selection, and Auto-QoS deliver SD-WAN functionality optimized for multi-WAN deployments—combining wired and LTE to enable automated management and reduce costs.
NCOS is consistently updated through the NetCloud platform so your business-critical enterprise networks are always secure. This creates a flexible, always available infrastructure for branch offices, vehicles, or M2M/IoT devices—or a combination of all three.
Industry-leading 4G LTE and best-in-class multi-WAN experience.
– World’s first suite of LTE Advanced (LTE-A) routing platforms
– Rich multi-WAN capability: active-active, load balancing, active-passive
– Fully diverse Out-of-Band Management (OOBM) for advanced management of remote places and things
– Failover between Wireless and Wired WANs for 99.99% uptime
Mitigate security threats on your network with hardened security features of NetCloud OS.
– Powerful Application Aware, Zone-based, Stateful Firewall
– Rich suite of supported VPN technologies
– NSA Suite B Cryptography Compliance with IKEv2 Support
– Intrusion Prevention and Detection with CP Secure Threat Management
– Create flexible, secure Virtual Cloud Networks with NetCloud Perimeter
Advanced routing & security features increase productivity/ business continuity for enterprise networks.
– Routing: OSPF/BGP/RIP; VRRP; STP; NHRPN
– More Advanced VPN and Tunneling Protocols: OpenVPN (SSL VPN); IPSec with IKEv2 (mobile support)
– NEMO (NEtwork MObility) / DMNR (Dynamic Mobile Network Routing from Verizon)
– WiFi: WiFi as WAN and WiFi client mode